Saturday was a big day for us. I had my very first race. I NEVER thought that I would EVER say this about running but "It was awesome". I ran about a 9 min. mile (which is great for me). The best part about the whole thing is that I felt good after words and I had an amazing feeling of accomplishment. I have nice running shoes (a must) and even some of those right and left socks. I think I might have found a new addiction. I am a little worried about the 1/2 marathon in St. George but I have a while and am excited for the races in between now and then. Minus the triathlon in 4 WEEKS. I don't know how I will ever finish this one alive. Wish me Luck cause I am going to need it.
K so back to our Saturday. After the race the kids and I hurried up to Woods Cross to meet Joe and his pumpkin. We thought that our pumpkin was big. Oh my gosh! There were some huge suckers up there. The biggest one there weigh a little over 1100lb. Joe's pumpkin weighed in at 412.5lb He was hoping for bigger but that is still awesome for his first year. Great job honey! He is going to enter it into another contest for its measurements and color. He will probably do great there. And that is Joes new addiction.
15 years ago

5 comments:
You did awesome in the race!! I wish I could say I ran 9 min miles in my first race! I'm hoping to come cheer you on in the triathlon next month. I have to also say how glad I am that you have picked up running, it really IS addicting!
Joe's pumpkin is pretty impressive too. I can't wait to see next years!
Heidi-
I am so proud of you! I wish I could have ran with you girls, maybe next time. Running certainly is addicting, I feel I just need to do it and I need to do it now, that feeling is always in me.
Great job on the pumpkin, that is so neat. I have never seen such a big pumpkin, I didn't even know that they could get that big, who knew?
Jess
What a crazy couple you two are. Good job on the 5K! That is quite impressive.
Heidi,
Yay for your new addiction. Running is the best!
Your family is so cute!
Your family pictures are so cute!! I want to see all of them! Hope you had a great birthday!
ps how come all of your pictures show up like they are seperate posts???
Post a Comment