Quiet, said the mom to herself one day.
Quiet, It doesn't matter what you say.
Put on your happy face no matter how you feel.
There is no time to be so still.
The kids need food the house needs clean.
Ignore the feeling of wanting to scream.
For there is no time for yourself you see.
You need to make everyone else happy.
-Heidi Pruitt
It feels as though there is something wrong with me. When I hear of people so excited for their kids to wake up or how hard it is to be away from them while they are at school, I feel like crap. You see that is because I am SO opposite. I wish they would sleep longer and I love it when Jersie goes to school. Is there is anyone else out there who can relate to me? If not at least pretend for my sake, please.
15 years ago

7 comments:
I wish I could say I relate but I don't have any kids yet but I do think your poem was so cute and you are very talented!!!
I can relate Heidi! There are some days that I really think that I am going to lose my mind. I have shut myself in my room a few times, just so I can calm down or I just needed to cry. Luckily I have more good days than bad!
I like your poem, it is so right on being a mom.
Let's just say that I absolutely love all day kindergarten. No tears from me on the first day of school! I think it's okay to be okay without your kids sometimes, you're still a person and you don't have to be defined by your children. Or maybe that's just what I say to make myself feel better!
I totally feel the same way! I just can't wait until Hunter goes to all day kindergarten next year. Being a mom is alot harder than I thought it would be and my kids are nothing like I thought they would be.
I (and every mother I know) count down to nap time, and then bed time, every single day! Yes, I love my kids, but I also love my time (and after a long day with the kids, I think we're all entitled to feel this way). You're a great mom, and I really do look up to you, especially for having three so close! (You crazy woman!)
One thing I agree with Dr. Laura on is that mom's should keep the house clean enough to keep the health dept from coming in, enough laundry done to have a change of clothes, but while the kids are little, there is often not much time for more than that....I also recommend skipping the constant happy face!! :-) Gives children and husbands an unrealistic view of the world!! Most moms lock themselves in the bathroom on a regular basis just to have some time alone! Love you all lots!!!
Hey, Nicole Sanders here. You aren't the only one. It was wonderful when Cadance went to school (I didn't shed a single tear or miss her at all) and it has been even better for Cadance and Alissa to be at school. (Some times I even get to take a nap with Connor.) Maybe I am a "bad" mom, but I get worn out. I love my kids, but somedays I just want to strangle them. Days like yesterday when Connor got the crayon box and dumped the crayons out 13 times (he has learned to push the chairs around and climb on the cupboards to get what he wants)then he ate the crayons and spit out the pieces all over, but I couldn't put the crayons completely away, because Alissa was on a coloring marathon. Which she can't be distracted from even to eat. Yeah anyway, I completely understand. EVERYONE has those days and if they say they don't they are lying. I just try and remember the good times when I realize why I chose and choose still to stay home with my kids and why I absolutely love the stinkin buggers!
Post a Comment